Crown Tree Arborcare offers three (3) different types of stump grinding service options and will ask our customers as to which they prefer at the time of the estimate. Before stump grinding activites commence, as required by State Law, Pennsylvania One call shall be contacted to mark-out underground utilities for the safety of our employees, property owner(s), and the general public. Please note that property owned lines such as lighting, pool connections, invisible fences, sprinkler systems, etc WILL NOT be marked and shall be disclosed by the property owner at the time of the estimate.
- Grind stump and leave chips/grindings on site
- This option is the least expensive as there is no cleanup involved. After the stump or stumps are grinded approximately 7-10” below grade, all of the chips are mixed with some soil from the immediate area and left in a pile. The customer can either leave the chips to decompose where they were left or use them for natural mulch in a planting or gardening bed.
- Grind stump and haul excess chips away (most common service/option)
- After the stump or stumps are grinded approximately 7-10” below grade, all of the excess chips that are piled above grade will be removed. With this service option, a mixture of chips and soil from the surrounding area are filled in the hole to grade. Please note that we typically leave them filled slightly above grade as they will settle over time.
- Grind stump and restore maintained area
- This option is the most expensive as it involves full restoration of the impacted area. After the stump or stumps are grinded approximately 7-10” below grade, the bulk of the chips are removed. With this service option, the hole is then topped off with top soil, seeded, and covered with straw. Please note that the image below had surface roots across the entire section of front lawn that the property owner requested to grind as well. Thus the reason for the large area where straw was placed.